This year the Improvement Academy has three exciting opportunities available:
The Leadership Fellow will work alongside a cross disciplinary team of experts to support the adoption and spread of ARCS; an evidence-based intervention that centralises all aspects of a patient’s plan, highlighting what each patient needs and when. This enables the identification of, and strategies to address, delays to patient care. The fellowship will develop skills in data collection, data analysis, and quality improvement.
The Leadership Fellow will work alongside experts to support the implementation of the Patient Safety Incident Response Framework across regional provider organisations in alignment with the Patient Safety Strategy, with opportunities to support the team at Yorkshire Quality and Safety Research Group to learn from patients and families’ experience of being involved in patient safety events.
The Leadership Fellow will work with a multi-disciplinary team – therefore knowledge of AI is not required – to identify and start to address issues around the safe use of AI in the NHS; including the investigation of “health data poverty” which may lead to health inequalities becoming embedded in AI. Ongoing projects include:
- Shared CAIRE investigating how AI can be integrated into clinical decision-making
- Investigating the use of Large Language Models (like ChatGPT) in emergency department triage
- Developing AI models for monitoring ICU patients
- Investigation of AI prediction models for type II diabetes outcomes and treatment recommendations
If you are interested in any of the above roles and have any questions, we are hosting a number of virtual drop-in sessions where you can speak current and previous fellows:
- Session 1: 7th November 12:30-14:30
- Session 2: 16th November 16:00-18:00
- Session 3: 20th November 14:00-16:00
Applications close 29th November 2023 and interviews are scheduled for 18th December 2023.
If you have any questions, get in touch: email@example.com